2014 updates available!
Introducing the 2014 version of our ever popular MT Topo + Public Lands. The MT Topo + Public Lands mapset can be purchased individually or comes bundled in our Hunting & Fishing Combo and Adventure Combo map packages.
Please see our FAQ page for information regarding download options and compatible GPS units.
MT Topo + Public Lands is a highly detailed 24k scale topographic map of Montana with the following features:
– 24k scale topographic lines
– Custom colored public land parcels: USFS, BLM, BOR, DOD, COE, State, USDA, NPS, USFWS, Indian Reservations, Plum Creek Timber Co. (Plum Creek Timber Co is a privately owned company)
– Lake, stream, wetland, and springs data derived from the Hi-Res National Hydrography Dataset (NHD)
– Roads and trails data utilizing the most inclusive and detailed data available from the US Forest Service, Tiger 2012, and the Montana Transportation Framework
– Detailed State Park data including restrooms, picnic tables, boat launches, swimming areas, roads, trails, and much more.
– Wildlife Management Areas and Wilderness boundaries
– National Wetland Inventory riparian areas (where available)
– Over 50,000 points of interest including trailheads, campgrounds, summits (with elevation), gulches, mines, airports, and much more.
– Includes all of Yellowstone National Park!
Land ownership in Montana changes every day. Even though we publish updates annually there may still be some land ownership that has changed hands and is not reflected in this map. This mapset does not imply access to private or public lands under any circumstances.