Updated 2016 maps will be available in March/April. If you purchase any 2015 product before the 2016 maps are released you will receive the 2016 maps for free when available.
MT Topo + Landowner mapset can be purchased individually or comes bundled in our Hunting & Fishing Combo map package. Please see our FAQ page for information regarding download options and compatible GPS units.
MT Topo + Landowner is the name of the new version of the old MT Topo + Public Lands map. We’ve incorporated the cadastral (private land) parcel info making it better than ever! MT Topo + Landowner is a highly detailed 24k scale topographic map of Montana with the following features:
– 24k scale topographic lines (updated to include 20ft contours in flatter areas of the state)
– Custom colored public land parcels: USFS, BLM, BOR, DOD, COE, State, USDA, NPS, USFWS, Indian Reservations, Plum Creek Timber Co. (Plum Creek Timber Co is a privately owned company)
– Private land parcels with landowner name information.
– Lake, stream, wetland, and springs data derived from the Hi-Res National Hydrography Dataset (NHD)
– Roads and trails data utilizing the most inclusive and detailed data available from the US Forest Service, Tiger 2014, and the Montana Transportation Framework
– Detailed State Park data including restrooms, picnic tables, boat launches, swimming areas, roads, trails, and much more.
– Wildlife Management Areas and Wilderness boundaries
– National Wetland Inventory riparian areas (where available)
– Over 60,000 points of interest including trailheads, campgrounds, summits (with elevation), gulches, mines, airports, and much more.
– Includes all of Yellowstone National Park!
Land ownership in Montana changes every day. Even though we publish updates annually there may still be some land parcels that have changed ownership not reflected in this map. This mapset does not imply access to private or public lands under any circumstances.